This blog will hopefully give other docs an inside look at the trials and tribulations of transitioning a busy solo family practice office to a third party and managed care free practice.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday 3-30-09

I saw 11 patients today.

3 Medicare.


3 Wellness- 1 renewed a husband-wife plan- prepaid for the year. I see the husband maybe 3x per year, the wife 6-8. It works out well for all involved.


5 Selfpay- 1 was a full physical in am, 1 was a fit in in the evening with palpitations.

One gentlemen came in with calf pain at 445PM. About 1 week ago he flew back from Hawaii, overall 12-13 hours on a plane. Since I have no need to rush through evaluations to get to the next patient, I called a radiologist friend to see if I could get a stat ultrasound-doppler r/o dvt. A radiologist appt after 5pm??? I made a few calls, scheduled the patient for 7pm and had the radiologist read the studies from home and call me on my cell phone with normal results. I called the patient on his cell phone. He had just left the radiology center and was pleased with the results, and I am sure pleased with the speed of his testing and treatment. Try getting this done with 5 patients in your waiting room complaining of long waits!! Two years ago this patient would have been sent to the ER. Not a fun place to be these days ; )


I also spent some time tidying up the office, helping prepare a room for the massage therapist who starts in 3 days. The room needed some work, but it looks pretty good. Just a few more touches needed.

Tomorrow or wednesday I'll try to post end of month and end of quarter numbers.

DoctorSH

No comments: