This blog will hopefully give other docs an inside look at the trials and tribulations of transitioning a busy solo family practice office to a third party and managed care free practice.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Decisions do affect your future

It is a tough time to do anything in a medical practice these days.

I chose to be in control of my future and to do it my way, independent of intruders.

The way I see it, if any form of healthcare insurance reform occurs, there will be a huge shortage of primary care as all the newly covered start showing up in medical offices. This will either drive more patient's fed up with the "mill practices" to my office, or if physician's are forced into the system, there will be more than enough patient's to keep everyone busy.

But that is the problem. I do not want to be busy for the sake of being busy. I want to do the best job possible for those that ask for my help. A smaller practice size with more time allotted for each patient is the method that works best for me!

It is time that physician's start advocating for this type of care, as more time with patient's improves the care they receive.

DoctorSH

No comments: