This blog will hopefully give other docs an inside look at the trials and tribulations of transitioning a busy solo family practice office to a third party and managed care free practice.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Availability

Saturday, the day after Friday the 13th.

Office is closed. But I still went in and evaluated 3 patients.

1 new, 1 established self pay, 1 established wellness.

All three were thankful I came in on my day off. In fact the wellness patient called at 10am , and I was already going to the office at 11am, His words at the end of the visit,

"I am happy and impressed! I called on a day off, was met and treated at the office in an hour, and as part of the wellness plan I don't have to pay for the visit! "

Even though I do not have routine hours on Wednesdays or weekends, I am still available when needed. It is not that big a deal to go to the office for an hour or so when a patient is in need. It builds loyalty and grows a practice.

DoctorSH

No comments: