This blog will hopefully give other docs an inside look at the trials and tribulations of transitioning a busy solo family practice office to a third party and managed care free practice.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Its snowing!!


It's sunday evening, and it just started snowing. I used to enjoy the snow, when I was a salaried physician. A free day to sit on my sofa and watch the snow fall, play with my daughter in the snow, and laugh while watching my dog's hair turn white in the snow.


But now I have a solo practice. If I do not work, I do not get paid! That is not fair. But as I tell my daughter all the time, "Life is not fair!"

The forecast is for anywhere from 6-14 inches of snow. But it is a NorEaster, and they tend to be trouble. Doubly troubly is that mondays are my busiest day of the week.

Now as 40% of my revenues are prepaid wellness plan patient's, I have no revenue loss from this group. But the 20% Medicare and 40% selfpay patient's are another story. This is another reason why trying to get a larger percentage of wellness patient's would be beneficial.

DoctorSH

P.S. Let's hope the weather forecast is wrong.

No comments: