This blog will hopefully give other docs an inside look at the trials and tribulations of transitioning a busy solo family practice office to a third party and managed care free practice.

Friday, February 20, 2009

I love Fridays!!!

I love fridays!!

The end of the week, with a two day weekend of freedom. But if it is the usual weekend, I will be at the office for at least 1-2 patients. All part of being there for the patient's when they need it, not when it is "convenient".

Spoke to an advertising rep at a local paper. I have them working on an ad campaign that stresses the differences in my style of practice from other docs in the area. For an ad campaign to work, new patient's must have a reason to go outside their insurance to pay extra for my care. The ad campaign is definitely a work in progress.

This week went well.

Saw 60 patients, as compared to to 39 the previous week and 48 the week prior.
Revenues for February are almost 50% higher to date than January. And only 20% lower than this time in 2008, but 2008 included old insurance money.

I am presently waiting for the last patient to get to the office. She called at 3:30Pm and wanted to be seen for an inflamed eye. Problem is, it would take her at leat 90 minutes to get to the office. Her and her husband joined my Wellness Plan back in March, and are due to renew next month. Makes the decision whether to stay an easy one.

Do what it takes to be succesful !!

Be available and be a good listener!!!

No comments: