This blog will hopefully give other docs an inside look at the trials and tribulations of transitioning a busy solo family practice office to a third party and managed care free practice.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stats at day 12 of Opt out

Many have asked me for stats on my Medicare transition. As an intro, I am asking my regular Medicare patients to come in for a no obligation Medicare opt out meet n greet to review their options for continuing their care with me. Three options are available. 1- payment at each time of service 2- prepaid yearly wellness plan for $649 or $55/month for individuals or $1099 or $90/month for couples. 3- for patients on low income, social security only, and who have been a part of my practice for many years, they are being offered the prepaid yearly wellness plan for only $25/month. As of today, I have had 23 patients choose to remain. 7 qualified for the $25/month plan- option 3 10 joined the prepaid yearly fee/monthly fee option 2 6 chose option 1, payment at time of service. As of today 19 have chosen not to remain, or they are undecided. I have counted undecideds as leaving the practice. I have many more patients yet to come in to discuss their intentions. I hope to get through all of them by the end of August.

No comments: