This blog will hopefully give other docs an inside look at the trials and tribulations of transitioning a busy solo family practice office to a third party and managed care free practice.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15, 2009

It's the middle of the summer.

Whoopee!!

It is also wednesday, and my day off. I am relaxing watching TIVO. I have to admit I am a news junkie and watching Neil Cavuto review the new government healthcare plan that is being proposed. It is ridiculous!!! There are so many barriers between the doctor and the patient that will make healthcare impossible to deliver efficiently and effectively.

If a government run plan comes to fruition, my practice style may fluorish.

Why?

If we add 40 million new "insured" patients to the "system", where will they all go? Primary care will be overcrowded even worse than now.

So will more people get fed up and pay a modest retainer fee to my practice for quicker, more efficient care? That is my hope!!

If you disagree, let me know!!

As for June 2009, it was the second best revenue month of the year. But so far, in july, the summer slowdown has begun and I expect lower revenues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're betting the same thing. The third parties are ruining primary care. This "reform" will merely expand the problem. Either way, opportunities exist those willing to return to direct practice.