This blog will hopefully give other docs an inside look at the trials and tribulations of transitioning a busy solo family practice office to a third party and managed care free practice.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

TPBG- Third Party Bypass Grafts- The time has come!!!!

TPBG- Third Party Bypass Grafts- The time has come!!!!

It is time to take Washington out of the equation.

Here is an analogy: Lets just perform a CABG on our present healthcare system, but change the name to TPBG, Third Party Bypass Graft. Leave the diseased portions in place, and just bypass them. The diseased portion will soon cease to function.

Make a route around the diseased portion that is wide open for better patient care and less regulations. Our patients will start moving to the wide open patent system very quickly when they see the medical care is better, easier, and in most cases less expensive.

The past twenty years, we have been trying to treat our present system medically, and all that has happened is that it has gotten sicker. Those that wish to continue to try to treat the problems with letters to Washington, or negotiating contracts with third parties will just be swept up into the diseased portion or evil atherosclerotic plaque. We do not have a pill that will reverse this plaque and defeat the third parties other than to decide to make them irrelevant.

We are overdue for a TPBG. I for one have bypassed the system and am very happy, and will be even happier next year as my practice continues to grow. Ever since my TPBG, I have more time for my patients and my family, and no longer have the morbidity associated with all the third party nonsense. And the beauty of it is, I did not need a knife or a hospital stay for my TPBG. All I needed was a pen and a stamp. I wrote a letter to terminate my third party contracts, put postage on the letter, and sent it away. No morbidity, no referrals, no billing staff, less office staff, and more time to spend with the patients to give better care.

Its like I always hoped I would practice my profession!

No comments: